Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Transition group eyed had Trillanes succeeded, says document

(I wrote this story during my birthday--yes I was on duty--and a kind police official gave me the document I was quoting in this story as a birthday gift. Don't you think Trillanes was in his right mind when he planned all these? Your guess is as good as mine. =D )
---------------------------
 
By Thea Alberto
INQUIRER.net
Last updated 05:32pm (Mla time) 12/03/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- Had Senator Antonio Trillanes IV succeeded in toppling the Arroyo administration last week, a National Transition Council (NTC), would replace the ousted regime, the Philippines would have been put under a "lean and mean" military and police force, all bank accounts of middle-class families would be monitored, and media outlets would be "freed from the control of big advertisers."

In a five-page document entitled "Proposed Program," which police seized last Thursday from one of the rooms at the Manila Peninsula Hotel in Makati City after the six-hour uprising led by Trillanes, the NTC would also implement emergency measures such as to "crush with iron fist all pockets of resistance by remnants of the old regime" and to “mete out severe penalties for acts of lawlessness that usually follow the collapse of an ancient regime.”

VIEW FULL STORY HERE: Transition group eyed had Trillanes succeeded, says document

2 comments:

  1. if the proposed program is true, its only a dream. Doable ba ito? I dont think so. I voted for Trillanes dahil i believe in some of his visions. I was able to read his masteral papers that made me think the guy is serious in reforming the system. Pero nasayang yung effort nya, he misread the minds of the Filipinos. Filipinos have short memory.......

    ReplyDelete